Don’t be sad that grilling season is over. I’ve got a secret that will let you enjoy the best part of summer BBQs all year round! Today I’m going to tell you how to make juicy baked burgers in the oven! You’re going to love how easy it is. Read on to learn how to do it. We’ll also check out some alternative burgers for non-beef eaters.
How To Make Juicy Baked Burgers in Your Oven
With all the scary news about grilled meat causing cancer because of the chemicals it releases, it’s no wonder more people are looking for ways to make the perfect burger in the oven. While there are plenty of ways to avoid turning your BBQ into a chemical-laden nightmare (I talk about them here), it’s still a good idea to cut back on grilling meats. Fortunately, baked burgers taste just as good as the grilled version when you do it right!
I’ll be sharing my favorite mess-free baked burger recipe below but let me start with a few practical tips that you’ll need to know before you get started.
Start with the best meat possible
While there are plenty of times that you can get away with using the cheapest ground beef in the grocery store, burgers are not one of them. After all, the meat is pretty much the star of the show! I highly recommend ButcherBox. They deliver 100% humanely raised grass-fed and grass-finished meats right to your door, and you can really taste the difference!
If you prefer to just buy it in the grocery store, Spruce Eats recommends an 80/20 lean to fat ratio for the juiciest burger, and ideally you should opt for meat ground right there in the store. Most grocery stores have a butcher section. Better yet, go to an actual butcher shop. Whatever you do, don’t get the super cheap meat that comes in a roll. That may work for other recipes, but not when the beef takes center stage.
Preheat the oven all the way
Sure, you can pop a pizza or meatless casserole in the oven before it’s finished preheating and just give it a few extra minutes. However, when you’re dealing with meat, it’s better to just wait the few extra minutes for your oven to reach the full preheated temperature (400 Fahrenheit). It’s not only safer overall, but the meat cooks more evenly.
Add your spices, but don’t go overboard
Again, you want your beef to be the star of the show. Go ahead and add a little salt and pepper, maybe a little garlic powder or onion powder. Just don’t go crazy. Remember, you can always add some seasoning to the finished product, but once you put it in the meat, you’re stuck with it. I personally love my burgers with just a pinch of salt. If you buy the best quality beef you will see it is really all it needs.
Now that you know the basics, let’s talk beef alternatives. Then, we’ll check out my favorite recipe. At home with eat all kind of meats but we like variety so we are always trying new recipes. Burgers are very popular with kids so why not give them a twist to introduce new flavors and ingredients.
How to Make Mess-Free Baked Burgers Minus the Beef
For most people, the word “burger” means “juicy ground beef patty.” What if you prefer not to eat beef, though? If that’s the case, try one of these alternatives!
- Replace the ground beef with an equal amount of ground chicken breast and add a bit more seasoning (ground chicken is a bit bland).
- Make your own ground chicken with thigh meat (it’s a bit more flavorful than chicken breast, and cheaper, too)
- Use turkey instead! Try this yummy oven-baked turkey burger with a secret ingredient.
- Go totally vegetarian and make it a black bean burger.
- Swap out the meat for portabella mushroom (the “steak” of the mushroom world)
If you’re just swapping out the meats, the tips above still apply. For vegetable-based burgers, you’ll want to check out the recipes for extra tips.
Ready to check out my favorite oven baked burger recipe? Print it out below!
The best recipe for perfect juicy burgers coming right out of your oven mess-free!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional, according to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (optional)
- ½teaspoon garlic powder and/or onion powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Combine your ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Using clean hands, form the meat into equal patties (how big and how many is up to you)
- Transfer to a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip them, then bake for another 10 minutes
- Check with a meat thermometer. It should read 160F (or 165 if you’re using chicken or turkey). If not, add a few more minutes, checking them regularly.
- Add cheese, vegetables, or any other toppings you like and serve on a bun (or between crisp lettuce if you’re doing Keto).
For best results don’t make your patties too thin. Remember that thinner burgers cook faster and you might end up with a dry burger if you cook it for longer than necessary.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked burgers, juicy burgers, keto, grass-fed beef, tips for baked burgers
Last, GodSaid sent you details about the topic “How To Make Juicy Baked Burgers in the Oven – GodSaid ❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How To Make Juicy Baked Burgers in the Oven – GodSaid ” It will help readers to be more interested in “How To Make Juicy Baked Burgers in the Oven – GodSaid [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How To Make Juicy Baked Burgers in the Oven – GodSaid ” posted by on 2023-02-16 18:46:51. Thank you for reading the article at Godsaid.org